As we turn our clocks ahead, it means that spring is right around the corner, or as the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers! The months of March and April can be a wet time of year when rainwater is often in abundance. One way to take advantage of this surplus is through the use of rain barrels. This low-cost, eco-friendly solution can be a great way to address water needs while using Mother Natures natural resources.
Here are five reasons why rain barrels make sense:
1) You will have better plants and soil. Rainwater is highly oxygenated and free of the salts, inorganic ions, and fluoride compounds contained in tap water. These compounds accumulate in the soil over time potentially harming plant roots. Use of rainwater in your garden dilutes this impact, making plants more drought-tolerant, healthy, and strong.
2) You will have your own water source in times of drought or watering restrictions. If you collect rainwater, youll be able to keep watering and nourishing your garden with stocked rain barrel reserves.
3) You will have a fresh, green way to wash your cars and pets. Rainwater doesnt have the salt and other chemicals found in tap water.
4) You will control moisture levels around the foundations of your home. Collecting rainwater before it hits ground level helps prevent flooding, dampness, and mold.
5) You will reduce your water bill. Garden and lawn watering accounts for 40 percent of residential water use during the summer, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Thanks to a rain barrels water catch, the typical gardener can save 1,300 gallons of water during the growing season.
Rain barrels can be an attractive accent to any home while also being great for the environment. Whether you are looking to add a rain barrel, rain chain, or any other custom accessory to your home, contact the professionals at Custom Installations. Our contracting professionals can assist you in finding the perfect accent to make your home stand out on the block
Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation.